BARCELONA SHORE EXCURSION, AIRPORT CONNECTION WITH SAGRADA FAMILIA VISIT
Do you have a short time to visit Barcelona? Do you wish to cover as much as possible in a relatively short time ?
Do you land in the morning? Save your time and you can tour while waiting for your hotel room to be ready or cruise embarcation to begin.
Explore the highlights of Barcelona on a comprehensive morning or afternoon tour on private transportation with driver and a licensed tour guide. Discover a fascinating architecture, including Antoni Gaudí’s masterpieces, contemporary buildings, beautiful parks and the beatiful seaside. Stop for spectacular views in Montjuic hill and get a fast track entrance to Sagrada familia with a unforgetable visit guide inside the masterpiece temple and you can have a lunch wenn you decides during the tour.
We take care of your luggage without any extra and we will make sure that you have a wonderful experience and do not miss your plane or your cruise, taking advantage of your time.
Your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel, at the port or airport to start with your tour of Barcelona. You will visit Passeig de Gràcia where the most beautiful houses in Barcelona are located including Gaudi´s houses Casa Batlló and La Pedrera, then you will head then to Montjuïc hill for great views of the city and constrution from 1929 international expo and you will drive past the Olimpic ring, where the Olimpic Stadium is located, as well as other sport facilities used at the time of the Olimpic Games in 1992. You will continue to the Port Olimpic , say Hello to Columbus in old port, and enjoy a view of some of the beaches and the port, where you can stay for lunch by the sea if you wish or choice your destination.
- This is a private tour with no limitation of participants. Depending on the number of the group, we will reserve one type of transport or another and the final price will be considerably reduced. With large groups, we use audio devices to improve the quality of the information and make the group more dynamic, allowing for greater enjoyment.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved. You must bear in mind that the Holy Family requires a code of conduct regarding clothing. (see Sagrada Familia tour for more details)
- If you have reduced mobility, please contact us before booking. We do our best to welcome everyone on board!
- We recommend to book it at least 30 minutes after your expected docking time and no earlier than 9AM, as long as you can be back at least 1 hour before your expected departure time (as you’ll be required to be back on board by then).
- You don’t need to worry about slight delays or early arrivals as we monitor your flight’s status
- Final itinerary and timings might vary due to many factors (Sagrada Familia tickets availability, landing time, drop-off point, your main interests…)
- We understand how important it is for you to have the security and confidence to provide service, punctuality and anticipation of possible problems, which may affect the continuation of your trip. 100% safe.
WHAT WILL YOU SEE
Montjuïc Hill: Urbanized in 1929 for the International Exhibition, Montjuïc is both a cultural attraction, Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC), Fundació Miró, the German Pavilion (Miess Van der Rohe), and a sportive one, the Olympic Ring.
Olympic Stadium: The Barcelona Olympic Stadium or also known as Estadi Olímpic is a sports arena that was constructed in 1927. The stadium was originally built in preparation for the International Fair in 1929. It was then renovated in 1989 for the Summer Olympics in 1992 together with St. Jordi Pavilion from Arata Isozaki, Picornell swimming pools, the University of Sport, Calatrava Communications Tower, etc.
Mirador de l’Alcalde (Mayor’s Lookout): this balcony over the Mediterranean offers a superb panoramic view over the whole city and port. There is a monument here dedicated to the typical Catalan dance, the Sardana.
Columbus Monument: beetween La Rambla and the sea beside the medieval Drassanes, which houses the Maritime Museum, the Columbus column was built to commemorate Columbus’ return from America.
Old Port: We will show you the seafront, which has been converted, into a popular city port near the city centre. There are many attractions such as the Aquarium, restaurants, nightclubs and shops.
Passeig de Gracia: this beautiful central boulevard is known for its luxury and design shops and famous international brands. Among several Modernist buildings we find two houses by Gaudí: Casa Batlló and Casa Milà or “La Pedrera”.
El Born is a trendy neighbourhood characterised by its medieval alleys. The basilica of Santa María del Mar exhibits ornamental stained glass windows. Many of the artist’s masterpieces are exhibited in the famous Picasso Museum. The Born Centre de Cultura i Memòria is a multipurpose centre that occupies the building of an old market and conserves an archaeological site inside.
Gothic Quarter: The centre of the Roman city, today’s Gothic Quarter, was marked by the point where the two main streets, the Cardo and Decumanus, converged.
Here, in the Gothic Quarter, we find the City Hall and the seat of the Catalan Government, the Palau de la Generalitat, the Cathedral and other Gothic churches, including Santa Maria del Pi, Plaza del Rei, the old Jewish Quarter, the Call Jueu, with its endless narrow streets, where some remains of the ancient synagogue still survive.
Sagrada Familia was began in 1882 and it is planned to be finished in 2026. The dimensions and complexity of the project Gaudí designed as well as other reasons made this construction endless. You might have visited hundreds of churches in your life but no-one like Sagrada Familia a unic masterpiece UNESCO heritage. Make sure you do not miss this wonder also inside with a complete guide!
WHY GAUDÍ TOURS?
- Skip line at all top sites. No need to pre-purchase tickets yourself.
- All our tours are private and we adapt to our clients.
- Specialized agency in Gaudí and Modernism
- Professional and fully licensed local guides
- Totally flexible.
- Personalized visit adapting to your characteristics, age, number, condition or interests.
- 24h customer service. Local phone available at the time of booking. Accredited local company
- Small Group preference (1 – 9 people) big Group (9 – 40) extra 5€ p/p for radio guides. We use individual radioguide for each assistant with big group..
- No burdens, no agglomerations, no rush.
- Travel tips from friends: recommendations to help you plan the rest of your stay in Barcelona.
Total per tour (guide and transport) all included
FROM 520 EUROS PER TOUR
Total per tour + 26 € per ticket to the Sagrada Familia (if there is any discount on the ticket, we will apply it to your benefit)
Extra hour 140€
OPTION OF RESTAURANT ON REQUEST WITH DIFFERENT OPTIONS.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I MISS MY FLIGHT OR THERE ARE DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS, PROBLEMS?
GAUDI TOURS will always do its best to defend your interests. Whenever it is in our hands, we will do everything possible for your satisfaction and we will minimize any inconvenience that the airline may cause.
Whatever the situation, be it theft of belongings, loss, illness, we will be your unconditional host and will be on your side. We will also help families, give information, etc…
We want you to have your tour, and we will always try to reschedule your tour for later or the next day if it suits you, and be as flexible as possible in such situations. However, keep in mind that we are a small company and our resources are limited. In high season, we may be busy for later. Or we may not be allowed to change tickets and transport purchased in advance, which would be lost. Or if you are delayed for a few hours and your boat leaves, we may only be able to get you from the airport to the pier without any tours.
In such cases no refund applies (see our Cancellation Policy), but we will always be happy to provide you with any documentation you need to claim compensation from your travel insurance.
So if you miss a flight, or if it is delayed or cancelled, the sooner you let us know, the better, as we will have more time to react and start planning possible alternatives.