GAUDI FROM ORIGINS: CASA VICENS AND PARK GUELL
Have you ever walked in a park that looked like a land from a fairy tale?
Did you know that Casa Vicens is Gaudi’s first house he built in Barcelona?
Park Guell resemblance one of these fantasy lands with a hint of charm and dream world like landscape. Antoni Gaudi designed Park Guell, as part of an enclosed housing complex for high-class families. He planned a beautiful setting for this prestigious estate with exceptional views over the city with a backdrop of the Mediterranean Sea. Combine this tour with amazing less famous Gaudi’s private house built in Barcelona.
Barcelona’s Casa Vicens (1883-1885), a World Heritage Site by UNESCO , a unique oasis of calm with an Oriental and Moorish flavour, stands in the peaceful neighbourhood of Gràcia. The building is covered with spectacular green and white tiles. It marks the beginning of Gaudí’s artistic career and is considered to be one of the first masterpieces of Modernism.
Your guide will meet you at your hotel or near the Casa Vicens entrance. You will enjoy guided visit with expert local guide. Casa Vicens was built by a young Gaudí as a summer home commissioned by Manel Vicens y Montaner (1836-1895), a stock market dealer and broker. It is the first of Gaudí’s works in Barcelona in which he was able to display the full range of his talents. He created an innovative and original project that broke completely with the style of anything else built in Catalonia up to that point. Casa Vicens is one of the first examples of an aesthetic renewal in art and architecture that took place in Europe at the end of the 19th century.
After the visit we will head to Park Güell, UNESCO world heritage site, an unfinished project, commissioned this time by his best friend and patron Eusebi Güell. They together created their world famous garden purely for pleasure. Although it never became the planned community that it was meant to be, but it’s now the most fairy-taleish park in Barcelona. You will enter with your priority access and you will be guided through this fairy tail garden and find hidden gems. You’ll be fascinated by the colors of its mosaic tiles, and you’ll also enjoy great views over Barcelona.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
- This activity is accessible by wheelchair. We will not be able to access all the spaces but we will try to make it as complete, respectful and pleasant as possible.
- If you have reduced mobility, please contact us before booking. We do our best to welcome everyone on board, expecialy with transport availible!
WHAT WILL YOU SEE
Casa Vicens (1883-1885), declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2005. In his first project he creates an innovative and original work that stylistically breaks with all that had been built previously in Catalonia. Casa Vicens is one of the first examples of the aesthetic renovation of art and architecture that took place throughout Europe at the end of the 19th century. It is the starting point of Gaudí’s artistic career and is considered one of the first masterpieces of modernism.
The reference to natural elements is not only present on the outside of the house, but through the integration of different decorative arts -forge, painting, ceramics, carpentry, mural decoration, etc.- Gaudí manages to get nature inside the house, thus creating a continuity between interior and exterior space.
Park Güell is nowadays a public park but it was supposed to be a private residential area where Gaudí built the road, the main square, market square, entrance and gate buildings. His designs in the park are fairy-tale looking, amazing shapes and colours. From the Park there are great views over the city and the Mediterranean sea.
WHY GAUDÍ TOURS?
- Skip line at all top sites. No need to pre-purchase tickets yourself.
- Specialized agency in Gaudí and Modernism
- Professional and fully licensed local guides
- Totally flexible.
- Personalized visit adapting to your characteristics, age, condition or interests.
- 24h customer service. Local phone available at the time of booking.
- Small Group preference (1 – 9 people) big Group (9 – 40) extra 5€ p/p for radio guides. We use individual radioguide for each assistant with big group..
- No burdens, no agglomerations, no rush.
- Travel tips from friends: recommendations to help you plan the rest of your stay in Barcelona.
Total per tour (not per person): 250 €
This private tour can be enjoyed using taxis or having a chauffer-driven car/minivan at your service during the 4 hours of the private tour. It’s your choice
Public Transport (Taxis) – approximate cost of a taxi for the two internal trips of the tour: 20€ approx (for every 4 people – incl. guide) or have private transport
*Note: Entrance fees to the houses will be added to the final price depending on the number of people.
Feel free to ask any question about this private tour ask at firstname.lastname@example.org