PARK GÜELL AND COLONIA GÜELL - GAUDI CRYPT
Would you like to know who exerted strong influences on him and supported him when the rest of the society turned away?
Would you like to visit the other unfinished church by Gaudi?
The famous masterpieces of Antoni Gaudi can’t be fully understood unless you know about Count Eusebi Güell and his close relationship with Gaudi, and the hidden jewels the architect designed for him. This tour combine world famous Park Guell and charming and little known village Colonia Guell built by Gaudi. Colonia Guell captivates tourists because of its charm and tranquility. Visitors can walk around all the while observing beautiful, singular buildings created by modernist architects. Discover Gaudi’s hidden gem – Gaudi Crypt.
Your guide will meet you at your hotel or place that suits you best. You will have your priority access to Park Güell and learn with your expert guide about this UNESCO world heritage site, an unfinished project, commissioned by his best friend and patron Eusebi Güell. They together created their world famous garden purely for pleasure. Although it never became the planned community that it was meant to be, but it’s now the most fairy-taleish park in Barcelona. You will enter with your priority access and you will be guided through this fairy tail garden and find hidden gems. You’ll be fascinated by the colors of its mosaic tiles, and you’ll also enjoy great views over Barcelona.
After Park Guell we will continue to Colonia Guell, located in Santa Coloma Cervello. One of the most avant-garde industrial neighborhoods of the 19th century. You will learn about the history and very special relationship between Gaudi and his patrón Guell.
In 1890, social conflicts forced Eusebi Güell, businessman and patron, to move his textile factory from Barcelona to Santa Coloma de Cervelló. The new project consisted of the creation of an industrial colony with social services that will improve the quality of life of the workers: single-family homes, athenaeum, theater, school, shops, gardens and church. The Gaudi crypt is his best kept secret.
Before we return to Barcelona you will enjoy some free time.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
- This activity is accessible by wheelchair. We will not be able to access all the spaces but we will try to make it as complete, respectful and pleasant as possible.
- If you have reduced mobility, please contact us before booking. We do our best to welcome everyone on board, expecialy with transport availible!
WHAT WILL YOU SEE
Park Güell is nowadays a public park but it was supposed to be a private residential area where Gaudí built the road, the main square, market square, entrance and gate buildings. His designs in the park are fairy-tale looking, amazing shapes and colours. From the Park there are great views over the city and the Mediterranean sea.
Colonia Güell The path through the industrial Colonia captivates tourists because of its charm and the traquility this vestiges of the palpable 19th century atmosphere kept alive between its streets and buildings. Currently, an important piece of historic and artistic heritage remains in the Colonia Güell
Gaudi´s Crypt The main importance of the church of the Colonia Güell in so far as Gaudi goes is that this is where Gaudi brought together for the first time all of his architectural innovations. As Gaudi said, had the church been finished it would have been a “monumental model of the Sagrada Familia”
Exhibition Located in the Colony’s old cooperative, it offers a global vision on what the estate was, how its people lived and the works of Antoni Gaudi.
WHY GAUDÍ TOURS?
- Skip line at all top sites. No need to pre-purchase tickets yourself.
- Specialized agency in Gaudí and Modernism
- Professional and fully licensed local guides
- Totally flexible.
- Personalized visit adapting to your characteristics, age, condition or interests.
- 24h customer service. Local phone available at the time of booking.
- Small Group preference (1 – 9 people) big Group (9 – 40) extra 5€ p/p for radio guides. We use individual radioguide for each assistant with big group..
- No burdens, no agglomerations, no rush.
- Travel tips from friends: recommendations to help you plan the rest of your stay in Barcelona.
Total per tour (not per person) : 250 €
This private tour can be enjoyed using taxis, metro -train, or having a chauffer-driven car/minivan at your service during the 4 hours of the private tour. It’s your choice
*Note: Entrance fees to the monuments will be added to the final price depending on the number of people.
Feel free to ask any question about this private tour ask at firstname.lastname@example.org